This is a wonderful finger food recipe we’ve tried ourselves. They’re easier to make than you think – it only takes a couple of hours in the kitchen, you don’t need special equipment like a bread maker, and you can serve them at parties (or even just for your own family).
And of course like always, you can enlist the kids to help out with the baking process!
Here are the ingredients you need:
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle room temperature beer, or warm water
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 4 ½ cups all purpose flour
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 cups hot water
- ½ cup baking soda
- ¼ cup kosher salt, divided or to taste
- 3 packs hot dogs, cut in half to equal 48 mini hot dogs
- Brown mustard
Find the rest of the steps here.