How cool is this edible ink?
It’s a fun and creative activity you can do with the kids when they’re bored – which is more and more often when they’re off from school and you want to get them away from the TV.
Here’s what you need:
- Empty and clean glue bottles
- 1 small box of jello for each color
- ¼ cup of boiling water
- 1 small glass bowl for each color
- fork or whisk
- Wax paper
To create your edible artwork:
- Pour the boxes of jello into bowls with the boiling water. Stir the bowl with a fork or a small whisk for a minute to dissolve the jello.
- After the bowls are filled with ink, let them sit to cool for another few minutes. so you can pour the jello into the glue bottles without melting them. The ink should also be a viscous consistency like honey – if it is still watery, stir and wait for it to cool a little longer.
- Use your funnel and fill the glue bottles with the jello.
- Use the wax paper as canvases.
- Once you’re happy with your designs, wait for the ink to completely dry before peeling it from the page
We first found the activity here!