Baking salmon is one of the healthiest and easiest things you can make for dinner. This recipe only takes 30 minutes to cook after prep and it’s plenty flavorful and full of nutritious ingredients. Give it a try tonight!
- 4 (5 – 6 oz) skinless salmon fillets
- 2 small zucchini sliced into half moons
- 2 small yellow squash sliced into half moons
- 2 shallots, 1 thinly sliced and 1 chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 ½ Tbsp olive oil,
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ½ Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 large Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh thyme (or 1 tsp dried)
- ¾ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried marjoram
Here’s what to do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut 4 sheets of aluminum foil into 17-inch lengths.
- Toss zucchini, squash, sliced shallot and garlic together with 1 Tbsp olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste and divide among the 4 sheets of foil, placing veggies in center of the foil.
- Brush salmon fillets with 1 Tbsp of the olive oil, season bottom side with salt and pepper then place one fillet over each layer of veggies. Drizzle lemon juice over salmon and season top with salt and pepper.
- Toss together tomatoes, remaining shallot, thyme, oregano and marjoram with remaining 1 ½ tsp olive oil and season lightly with salt and pepper. Divide tomato mixture over salmon fillets.
- Wrap sides of foil inward then fold up ends to seal. Place on a rimmed baking sheet and bake in preheated oven until salmon has cooked through, about 25 – 30 minutes .
- Carefully open foil packets and serve warm.
We found this brilliant recipe from here.