Chicken wings are a classic recipe that’s perfect for ever occasion, whether it’s an outdoor picnic or barebeque, or just another evening in front of the televison. We found a great chicken wings recipe that can be grilled or put in the oven, with a sweet and sticky caramelized coke and bourbon glaze – so delicious!
Here’s what you’ll need for the recipe:
- 2.5 lbs party chicken wings
for the glaze:
- ¾ cup coca cola
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar, packed
- 2 tbsp shaoxing rice wine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp + ½ tbsp bourbon
- 2 tsp cornstarch + 2 tbsp water
- optional garnish: fresh chopped scallions
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Place wings on pan and bake for 50-60 minutes until skin is thin and crispy and wings are a golden brown. You can also make these on a grill if desired.
- While wings are cooking, make the glaze. Combine coke, soy sauce, brown sugar, rice wine, garlic and 2 tbsp of the bourbon into a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Boil for about 3 minutes, stirring frequently. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water. Add mixture into the saucepan and stir and let glaze come to a boil again until sauce thickens. Turn off stove and immediately add in remaining ½ tbsp of bourbon, stirring in while glaze is still hot (you need to do this at the end so that it doesn’t get completely cooked away).
- Remove finished wings and lightly brush wings with glaze. Turn oven temperature to 425F. Place wings back, and bake for an additional 3-5 minutes. Watch wings carefully. You want the glaze to caramelize on the skin but you don’t want the skin to burn. Remove wings and brush with remaining glaze.
- Garnish with chopped scallions if desired.
We found the recipe here.