It’s time to channel the kids’ inner Jackson Pollock! This splatter paint artwork is a fun and easy kid’s craft or kid’s activity that introduces various techniques and materials to create a masterpiece that’s gorgeous enough to be displayed on the walls for a very long time.
We like this splatter art paired with negative space (done with painter’s tape) because it gives visual interest to the piece. It’s also an activity you can easily do outdoors, to avoid any indoor mess – as well as a reason to go outside and get some fresh air!
Here’s what you need to get started:
- White paper
- Paint brushes
- Paints in different colors
- Painter’s tape
- Place pieces of painter’s tape all over the blank paper to create a design of your choice.
- Prepare the paints – one colour in each cup, with a paint brush in each.
- Splatter or drizzle the paints over the paper.
- Once finished, let the paint dry. Remove the painter’s tape from the designs and marvel at your kids’ amazing splatter paint masterpieces!
We found this fun kid’s activity here first.