We are always on the look out for healthy snacks that kids could help make easily. So when we came across these frozen banana and yogurt snacks, we knew we had to share this perfect summer treat. For other kid friendly summer recipes, be sure to check out our blog!
You can even tailor these bite sized treats for the holiday, using different shaped muffin tins or cupcake wrappers for the occasion, including flower shaped ones for spring, star shapes for Christmas, or heart shapes for Valentine’s day.
The ingredient list is short and sweet! Here’s what you need to get started:
- 1 large ripe banana
- yogurt of your choice
- dried banana chips (optional)
All you have to do, is:
- Line the baking tray or muffin tin tray with cupcake wrappers
- Peel the banana and mash it up, mixing in the banana with the yogurt
- With a spoon, drop some of the mixture into each cupcake wrapper
- Press the banana chips into the yogurt mixture in each cup
- Freeze for 2 hours or until solid
- Pop out of the cases and serve!
We found the recipe from here.