What could be better than a recipe that’s easy and family-friendly? These muffins can be topped up with leftovers for convenience, and once you’re finished you can pop them in the freezer for another day. Just warm them up in the microwave for a quick breakfast on the go.
Your kids will love help making these too!
- 3-4 pieces whole wheat bread, torn into small pieces (enough to fill muffin tins almost to top)
- 3-4 slices deli ham (look for preservative-free)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper (or more or less to taste)
- dried parsley
Here’s how to make the muffins:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease muffins tins well.
- Drop bread pieces evenly in muffin tins until they come about 2/3 of the way up the tin.
- Sprinkle ham and cheese pieces evenly in each tin.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, ground mustard, and pepper, and then pour the mixture evenly in each muffin tin.
- Sprinkle a little dried parsley on the top of each one.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown on top and cooked through the middle.
This awesome idea came from this site!