Sweet food tastes even sweeter with a dash of salt – strange, isn’t it? This idea is incorporated into this brilliant recipe – Watermelon Grilled Cheese Bites, another amazing summer recipe that’s easy to make and a great conversation piece.
- ¼ seedless watermelon
- 8 ounces halloumi cheese
- 1 cup arugula
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- olive oil to coat grill racks
Now here’s how to approach this recipe:
- Preheat your grill to medium-high. Toss arugula with balsamic vinegar.
- Cut off sides and ends of water the watermelon to create a rectangular cube; slice into thin pieces, about 1 centimeter in width.
- Trim your block of cheese to match the size of your watermelon slices and then slice it to match the width of the watermelon slices.
- Line a plate with paper towels to catch the juices of the watermelon after grilling. Place the watermelon slices on the grill and cook for 2 minutes.
- Turn slices over and add the cheese to the grill. Flip after 1 minute on the grill. Cook for 1 more minute and then remove both watermelon and cheese slices from the grill, and place on the plate lined with paper towels.
- Place halloumi cheese slices on half of the watermelon slices. Topcheesewith arugula and then another watermelon slice. Serve immediately!
We got this recipe from here.