Everyone loves dinosaurs (we even have balloons made from them!) To get the kids pumped to learn about dinosaurs, this craft is perfect for that because you can discuss how scientists today can learn about the existence of dinosaurs. Plus, the homemade clay is easily created from things you can find around the kitchen.
All you need to make the homemade is:
- 4 cups of flour
- 1 cup of salt
- 1.5 cup of water
Don’t forget a few dinosaur toys to press into the clay!
- Mix all the ingredients into a bowl. The consistency should be doughy but not too sticky, adjust the ingredient amounts if necessary.
- Roll out the dough to about ¼ inch to ½ thickness
- Use the dinosaur toys to press into the dough. Repeat!
- Bake your finished dinosaur fossils at 300 degrees for about 20-30 minutes
- Dough should be firm but not over baked. It will firm up once cooled down