- string cheese, mozzarella and/or cheddar
- green pepper
- Bugles corn snacks
- bologna, thick or regular
To make the pencils:
- Cut up your green pepper for the green portion of the pencil. Find an area on the pepper that is flat and cut out as many small circles as the number of snacks you will be making. (You can use round cut outs for baking)
- Take a slice of bologna or cut one slice of regular bologna in half and cut out several small circles using the same circle cutter.
- Snap the pointy ends off of of the Bugle chips to serve as the sharpened end of the pencil. Slice your raisins in half for the pencil tip, one half for each tip.
- To assemble the pencils, slice a portion of the cheese stick near one end at an angle, removing a triangular shape. Take one Bugle snack and press it gently onto the angled end of the cheese stick. Take half of a raisin and press gently onto the other end of the Bugle for the “lead” of the pencil.
- On the other end of the cheese stick, insert a toothpick so that only ¼-½ inch remains sticking out. Take a green pepper circle and skewer it onto the toothpick. Next, do the same with the bologna, forming your eraser.
- IMPORTANT: If you leave the toothpick in, always remember to warn children that the toothpick is there!You can always leave the toothpick out and use mustard, mayonnaise or ketchup to stick each piece together instead.
All the instructions come from here.