Wreaths are a great way to decorate your home for every season. We like this wreath becuase not only was it something pretty to hang in the home, but it has little acts of kindness written on the leaves to remind us to pay it forward to those around us – our friends, neighbors, and other people in our community.
Here’s what was used:
- colored cardstock
- leaves (we used fabric ones from craft stores)
- pom poms
- felt stickers (or create your own from felt)
- White glue
- foam or cardboard wreath base
- ribbon (for hanging the wreath)
1. Cut some leaves from the colored cardstock. Glue the fabric and paper leaves onto the wreath base.
2. Layer on stickers and pom poms to add some texture and decoration to the wreath.
3. Once everything was dry, brainstormed some simple acts of kindness to do for other people this fall.
Chose a few acts of kindness to write on leaves.
Here are a few ideas…
Fall Acts of Kindness Ideas
- secretly rake someones leaves
- bake homemade treats and take them to a neighbor
- collect and donate canned foods for a local food bank
- create cards and mail them to family
- leave a kind note on a neighbor’s car or doorstep
- give away a copy of our favorite fall children’s book
4. Hang the wreath up and remember to do the acts of kindness!