These eggplant pizzas are really easy to make, simply slice the eggplant and roast or grill the slices until the eggplant just starts to turn tender, top it with your favorite pizza toppings and then bake them! In addition to being easy to make they are super tasty. This makes a healthier and kid friendly version of regular pizza!
- 1 large eggplant, cut into ¼ inch slices
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning or oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 1 ounce pepperoni
- Sprinkle the eggplant with the coarse salt, let sit on paper towels for 20 minutes and wipe dry.
- Brush the eggplant slices with oil and season with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Roast the eggplant in a preheated 400F/200C oven until it just starts to turn tender, about 15-20 minutes. (Do not let them become too soft or mushy.)
- Top the eggplant with your prefered pizza toppings: we like tomato sauce, cheese and pepperoni. Broil until the cheese has melted, about 3-5 minutes.
Recipe from here