Apples are pretty much a staple food when it comes to autumn, next to pumpkins. We found this awesome recipe that’s easy to make – apple rolls, basically just bite sized pie-flavoured pastries with cinnamon and sugar. Great snack time idea!
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and sliced into 8 (½-inch) slices
- 1 (8-ounce) can Pillsbury Original crescent rolls
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Unwrap the crescent roll and separate the triangles.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Evenly spread butter onto each triangle.
- Sprinkle each triangle with a lot of sugar and cinnamon mixture, and sprinkle with the pecans or walnuts,
- Wash the apple and cut into 8 equal slices.
- Place a piece of apple on each triangle of dough (on a wider side) and roll it in a croissant.
- Arrange crescent roll croissant(bites) on a cookie sheet.
- Spread the remaining butter on each crescent roll croissant and sprinkle with additional sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Check out the recipe.