Look at how cute these little owlets are! You can use this opportunity to teach the kids about owls and their nocturnal habits – they’ll love learning all about these birds starting with the baby owls and their appearance!
- Construction paper – black, brown, orange and yellow
- Cotton batting or stuffing – From an old throw pillow or quilt batting.
- Garage sale price stickers, or cut out round eyes from regular paper
- Glue stick
- Start with a full size sheet of black construction paper.
- Cut out a tree branch using brown construction paper. Add some stubs to make it look like a real branch. Add some lines to give the look of bark.
- Use a some cotton batting to make a little puff cloud, glue it on the paper where you want your owl to be.
- Cut out little feet from the orange paper. Glue them to the paper, with part of them tucked up under the owl.
- Cut out a little triangle for the nose. Glue it to the owl.
- For the eyes, color black dots onto circle stickers. Stick or glue to owls for the eyes.
- Decorate the sky with stars and a moon with the construction paper.