This isn’t on the healthy side but it’s a great treat that the kids will
love as well as any picky guest. It’s a great recipe with an autumn
feel to it and they’re super easy to prepare! Perfect for movie nights
as a treat.
- 3-4 gala apples
- 3-4 granny smith apples
- ½ package Kraft Caramels (unwrapped) (or Ice Cream Caramel Topping)
- 1 TB water
- white chocolate (vanilla) candy coating
- mini chocolate chips
- Heath toffee bits
- Place heath bits and mini chips into separate bowls.
- Cut a ziploc bag at the corner. This will be for the white chocolate for you to drizzle on.
- Cut your apples right before working on candy coating and caramel so they do not brown. Place on your prepared dish.
- Unwrap caramels and place in small pot with 1 TB water. Heat on low-medium temp until melted. (Or if you opt to use Ice Cream Caramel Topping skip this step).
- At the same time, melt white chocolate by placing candy coating in a small pot on low heat and stirring constantly until melted and smooth. Place in ziploc bag with cut corner as soon as it’s done.
- Drizzle white chocolate and caramel on as soon as they are melted and smooth. Sprinkle toppings (toffee bits and mini chips) on immediately.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe is from here