This recipe of baked eggs, spinach, mushroom and leeks is an easy brainless meal for the mornings.. you can add some sausage in it for some protein.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, reserving one 1 tablespoon for brushing
- ½ small onion, chopped
- 2 cups. cremini mushrooms
- ½ cups leeks
- 6 cups baby spinach (6oz)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 slices crusty bread
- 1 cup finely grated parmesan
- 5 large eggs
- ¾ cup whole milk
- 1 cup gruyere cheese
Preparation: Brush one tablespoon into a 12 inch oven safe pan (or a 9×13 baking dish).
- Heat olive oil in a large skilled over medium-high heat. Stir in onions and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add in the mushrooms and leeks and cook until they are softened, about about 3 minutes. Stir in the spinach and cook until wilted, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Arrange bread slices in a single layer in the skillet. Layer bread with mushroom mixture.
- Crack an eggs on top. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour milk evenly over top and sprinkle with cheese. Bake until eggs are set, about 25-30 minutes.